Butlins Forever.

Moderator: deelieta

Butlins Forever.

Postby frank worrall » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I sit back in my rocking chair, and survey a number of different sites, all to do with Butlins, some full of gloom some full of light, when it comes to that dreaded word Born Leisure (or whatever they call themselves). BUT and its a big but, if they hadnt of bought Butlins when they did would people still know what Im talking about when I say, proudly say, that I was a Butlin Redcoat. Oh yes they say weve been or are going or may go, but they know what Im talking about the name of Butlins still means something to the new generations who have come along since we were employed by Butlins. Remember that when you try to kill off the golden goose which keeps the name of Butlins at the front of entertainment.
frank worrall
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Re: Butlins Forever.

Postby taffdillon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:33 am

Hi Frank,

WOW! a Butlins redcoat. I never made it to become a redcoat, only managed to become a waiter at Barry Island, still I loved it though. I have fond memories of Butlins Barry Island, as I am a Cardiff boy and use to holiday at Barry regular. I live in the midlands now with my wife and children, but we still visit Barry regular and ponder on what was a brilliant childhood. Shame Barry Butlins closed and was pulled down. Still, times change... :(

All the best,

Matt.
taffdillon
Beaver Club
Beaver Club

Return to Butlins Chat