Thats it I'm finishd with Butlins. Or should that be Bourne

Moderator: deelieta

Thats it I'm finishd with Butlins. Or should that be Bourne

Postby Joker » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:39 pm

It appears that Butlins Minehead is having a makeover. My inbox has been $h1t hot all day with the planned desecration of the camp we love so much. The plans (see attachement) now removed from the planning website.

The plans do look very nice. But if you are going to plough so much money in to this project why not find a plot and start from scratch. Is making Minehead like Centerparks a good idea? If Bourne want a Centerparks resort go and find a field and build one.

Remember the Dermot king fob off session on Butlins Memories last year and the way he gave the impressing that nothing was in the pipeline in the way of redevelopment. what a crock of crap this man was spouting. It's no wonder Bourne employed him, his ability to bend the truth is outstanding he should be a politician.

Butlins has been going down the path of you get what you pay for for a few years now. Unfortunately it's at the point now where once on camp paying to enjoy yourself is all that's left to do.

So that's it. I'm done with Butlins/Bourne they have had the last of my hard earned, once all this new stuff is in place I'm off to PONTINS.

It's time to concentrate on the memories of Old Butlins informing people of how good it was, and it WAS.

Billy you had a vision, a vision you brought to fruition and shared with everyone. I'm sure making money was your goal but you differed from the likes of Rank and Bourne Leisure in that it wasn't at any cost.

Sir Billy I/WE Salute you.

Had Fun !!!

Joker
Attachments
minehead.zip
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 510 times
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:52 pm

i can't get over the amount of bull that they fed us,as you say it would of been easier to start a fresh else were .is the master plan to turn butlins into centre parks then sell on the 3 camps to them giving bourne a massive return on there money.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Re: Thats it I'm finishd with Butlins. Or should that be Bou

Postby sammye99 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Joker wrote:It appears that Butlins Minehead is having a makeover. My inbox has been $h1t hot all day with the planned desecration of the camp we love so much. The plans (see attachement) now removed from the planning website.

The plans do look very nice. But if you are going to plough so much money in to this project why not find a plot and start from scratch. Is making Minehead like Centerparks a good idea? If Bourne want a Centerparks resort go and find a field and build one.

Remember the Dermot king fob off session on Butlins Memories last year and the way he gave the impressing that nothing was in the pipeline in the way of redevelopment. what a crock of crap this man was spouting. It's no wonder Bourne employed him, his ability to bend the truth is outstanding he should be a politician.

Butlins has been going down the path of you get what you pay for for a few years now. Unfortunately it's at the point now where once on camp paying to enjoy yourself is all that's left to do.

So that's it. I'm done with Butlins/Bourne they have had the last of my hard earned, once all this new stuff is in place I'm off to PONTINS.

It's time to concentrate on the memories of Old Butlins informing people of how good it was, and it WAS.

Billy you had a vision, a vision you brought to fruition and shared with everyone. I'm sure making money was your goal but you differed from the likes of Rank and Bourne Leisure in that it wasn't at any cost.

Sir Billy I/WE Salute you.

Had Fun !!!

Joker

I couldn't agree more I knew I could rely on this site to say it how it is, no BL brown nosing over here lol.
I'm taking the kids to Pontins at Camber Sands for May half term because even if I could afford Butlin's school holiday prices I cant afford the ridiculous amount of spending money you need there just to keep your whistle wet & the kids entertained.
xX-----SAM-----Xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
sammye99
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby minehead forever » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 pm

some random minehead chalet pics before they go.
Attachments
green camp2.jpg
green camp2.jpg (214.09 KiB) Viewed 10958 times
green camp1.jpg
green camp1.jpg (96.91 KiB) Viewed 10958 times
county and red camp.jpg
county and red camp.jpg (168.61 KiB) Viewed 10958 times
blue camp1.jpg
blue camp1.jpg (144.32 KiB) Viewed 10958 times
county suites.jpg
county suites.jpg (151.83 KiB) Viewed 10958 times
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:37 pm

At minehead and have been talking to certain staff who i will not name,seemingly bourne have made a huge mistake with the inn on the green,the staff hate it and say its to generic and its struggling to get customers in,people look through the door,think its boring then move on,heard a design company might be brought in to and generate some atmosphere.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Wed May 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Not long now until a week in minehead,plan is to have a good dig around and see whats going on,surely if something is going to happen this back end then some staff might have an idea, i've told myself that once bourne start the massacre at minehead then I won't be able to hring my self to go again. Its like we know whats going to happen but waiting for the senencing to begin,weird feeling.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby pushbutton » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Fantastic chalet shots!
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby taffdillon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi all,

Yes, great chalet shots. I often visit Skeg Butlins, to take a look at the original chalet at the back of the camp.

It looks well tiny, but bet folf had a right blast in it.

Barry Island fan,

Matt. :D
taffdillon
Beaver Club
Beaver Club

Postby taffdillon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Bet FOLK had a blast, not folf. :oops:
taffdillon
Beaver Club
Beaver Club

Return to Butlins Chat