pewelllhi minature railway

Looking for Information about Butlins.
From when did the first camp open to whos on next week !!!

Moderator: deelieta

pewelllhi minature railway

Postby mike15 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:53 pm

does anyone know much info or have any picures of the railway at pehwehelli ?
mike15
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Pewelllhi Railway

Postby frank worrall » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Can remember going on it quite a few times when we stayed there as campers the last year of Butlins reign big boys and trains. got quite friendly with the driver very nice chap. Apart from this and the enjoyment we got from it, cant be much more help.May have photos but all in storage at the moment.

Frank Worrall.
frank worrall
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby Boomerang » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 am

Hi,
This is my first post...don't even know if people still use this site but we'll see! My family travelled to Starcoast world for the entire second half of the 80's and first half of the 90s. My father used to fancy himself as a photographer and took many pictures of the railway. In fact, he took hundreds of pictures of everything! He still has them in albums so I'll see if I can root them out. He also used to take videos a lot and I think he has some great ones travelling on the train. I'm sure if the train during the 80s and 90s though was the same one as in the 70's. from looking at postcards I think it might be different? Didn't it all go badly wrong when Haven took over though?

Adam
Boomerang
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Boomerang » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 am

Heres a pic I dug out. Wow going through those photo albums brings back the excitement!! I've so many photos. Anyone remember the skate park in beside the cable cars? I bet some people will be reading this comment and thinking "sure that was only a few years ago..he never experienced Butlins in the 60s"!!! Let me know if this helps anyone!
Attachments
5 resized.jpg
5 resized.jpg (209.28 KiB) Viewed 7718 times
Boomerang
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Return to Any Questions