the singing piano

Looking for Information about Butlins.
From when did the first camp open to whos on next week !!!

Moderator: deelieta

the singing piano

Postby gord » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm

does anyone have this tune by tolchard evans, which used to wake me up at minehead in the sixties
gord
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Joker » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi Gord and welcome to the forum
I have the tune on 7" vinyl

will this do for now the singing piano

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gord » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Joker

fantastic. thanks. it brings back so many happy memories of our family holidays as a kid. there was always at least 20 of our extended family who went to one of cliftonville bognor or minehead. we went every year and my mom spent weeks prior to the holiday making me my sister and cousin fancy dress costumes. the prize was always a butlins certificate and a free holiday for the following summer. she spent hours on them, and we were quite successful. won as pinky and perky, bill and ben and andy pandy above others. i used to love the whipped horlicks in the regency cafe and those knickerbocker glories. if you get chance can you post the whole version. it was so much better than sleepy shores.

cheers again

Gord
gord
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Gizmo_Queen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 am

Hi I know I am being a pain but I looked a lot of places for the choral version you have joker and I can't find this version. I wouldn't usually ask anything like this but my mum used to be a red coat in Pwllheli in the 60's and she said when she used to play this song, it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. I thought it would be a nice surprise for her if I could get the full choral version and it would bring so many memories back for her.
The only place I have seen it needs credit card details which I have none of. :(

Far shot I know but just thought I would give it a shot as she has been seeking it for years.

I would be ever grateful for you doing this

GQ x :wink:
Gizmo_Queen
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Gizmo_Queen » Sat May 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Can anyone answer please. This is so so important to me x

Thanks again

Vicky
Gizmo_Queen
Day Visitor
Day Visitor