Holidayed/Worked at Butlin's between 1945-1965?

Tell us about your Memories of Butlins

Moderator: deelieta

Holidayed/Worked at Butlin's between 1945-1965?

Postby jack_w » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a final year undergraduate studying for a BA Geography at the University of Oxford. For my dissertation, I'm currently researching the rise of holiday camps such as Butlin's in the post-war period, particularly focusing on the period 1945-1965.

I'm on the look out for people who worked/holidayed at any of the Butlin's camps during this period who would be willing to talk to me about their experiences. Nothing too in-depth, I just wanted to chat about general impressions of holiday camps, and your own memories and experiences of Butlin's camps.

This could be over the phone, in person, or simply via e-mail - I'm very flexible, and any time or information you can offer me would be greatly greatly appreciated!

If you can be of any help whatsoever, please do get in touch!

Thanks so much,
Jack Watson
jack_w
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby SkegRed » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Jack,
Loved Butlins so much l'm willing to share me experiences l was a Redcoat at Skegness 1954-5-6- & again in 1961-2-3

andy.king70@ntlworld.com
SkegRed
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Postby Joker » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Did anything come of this Andy?

It is so annoying when these 1 post members ask for help and information and that's the last we hear about it.

I know dissertations don't happen overnight but I'm sure other members as well as myself are interested in progress / outcome

Alex
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SkegRed » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 am

Alex we exchanged lots of emails,l told him of my experiences the 6 seasons l did at Skegness and he was very apprecative,Rocky Mason also shared his experiences with him too as did a few more,former staff and Redcoats l believe.

Was pleased to help him,nice young man

Hoping to see you and Dee at Scarborough health permitting,

Your olde Hi-De-Hi Pal,
Andy
SkegRed
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Return to Memories