pontins has gone bust

Moderator: deelieta

Postby pushbutton » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:45 am

Thought they had over 40 potential buyers lined up.
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby tauntonjams » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 am

hey,
Im new to the forum but thought id throw my 2p's worth in!

From recent news (and inside knowledge) theres currently 10 buyers/bidders at the moment.
All 5 parks are still going and are employing, as I was at a Bluecoat audition only last week.
Hopefully something happens with the buyers... would quite like a job there!! lol
TAUNTONJAMS

J to the AMS
tauntonjams
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby pushbutton » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:47 am

Let's try to be positive. There's sufficient reason to be hopeful I think, IF the new owner is someone who wants to run a holiday camp company and knows how to do it properly, and has the necessary funds.

You never know, it could be the start of a renaissance for Pontins, and it's even possible (I'm not saying likely) that in 10 years time Pontins could actually be better than Butlin's.

Well you never know!
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

I know we have lifter the ban on the "P" word but saying they could be better than Butlins is getting very close to your first warning :lol:

Lets hope a buyer who is interested in keeping the 5 remaining camps going can be found, and not someone who is going to run it into the ground so they can develop the sites.

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby John Jackson » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:49 am

I just found your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your posts.In any case I'll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon
Cheap Polo Shirts
Big Pony Polo Shirts
Ralph Lauren Jackets For Men
John Jackson
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Brenda1950 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:23 pm

I have just read on their website that they are/have refurbishing all rooms.
Brenda1950
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Joker » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:34 am

Pontins is now owned by Britannia Hotels. We stayed in the Grand at Scarborough for the Redcoat Reunion last year. I must say that Britannia have done a fantastic job in refurbishing the hotel lobby and function rooms and the exterior looks stunning. I suspect the guest rooms are next on the list as ours was in need of a little TLC.
I also had a wonder around the Metropole Here in sunny Blackpool and that has also undergoing restoration and is looking very nice.
Lets just hope Britannia do the same to Pontins as soon it could be all we have left in the way of traditional holiday camps.

Well done Britannia, who understands not everyone wants to holiday in a Travel Lodge box, all the same apart for the view, car park or service yard.

Have Fun !!!

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pontins