pontins blackpool

Moderator: deelieta

Postby pushbutton » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't know, but I have a feeling maybe the bus stop could stay. Not technically part of Pontins as such maybe but it was probably put there specifically for Pontins and I would imagine a lot of Pontins campers probably used it all the time.

My old school in Bolton, which I have many fond memories of, was demolished in 1990 and there are houses on the site now. However the school had a dedicated bus terminus (actually very similar to the one at Pontins Blackpool as it happens) and that is still there, and there is still one bus stop in public use. Also there was a perimeter brick wall of the school surrounding the bus terminus, with a gate onto it. The wall was old and not in keeping with the new homes built, but a new brick wall was built in exactly the same place, to the same height and shape.

Even though the school is gone, I still like to see the old bus terminus, which I used every day to get to and from school. It's nice that at least something remains. Incidentally the football field at the back of the school is also still there (was part of the school but is now used by a local football club).

I know it's off topic but I made a sentimental video about my old school, St Cuthberts high school in Bolton. It shows the bus stop in question. If anyone would like to see it you can do so at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxKGCrtg-E

Anyway maybe the same will happen with the Pontins bus stop area?
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Only need one picture this week as the only change is the security car has moved.

This is the last update until something changes seeing as planning hasn't been passed for the south side yet.

MF if you notice anything happening on your passing let me know and Ill get Ja up the dune as soon as ...

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pushbutton » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:25 am

Thanks for all the updates. Looks like at least I'll still possibly be able to see at least part of the camp while I'm there and maybe I'll nip into Nisa Todays for a few souvinirs!
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 pm

will do,thanks for hard work.

down at minehead next week,so will need to learn how to post my own pics,that should be a laugh :lol:
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Sad to see Pontins Blackpool demolished

Postby butlinsbookingcentre » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:02 pm

It is sad to see any holiday site close, I have sold many holidays to Blackpool Pontins prior to selling my travel agency in 1996. After seeing Pontins Prestatyn last October it is easy to see how much work may have needed to be instigated. I know Bourne leisure years ago decided it was cheaper to go with the Caravan route /plus sell them off and hire them back then upgrade at Pwhelli and Ayr Butlins.

I was at a Haven site last weekend - Combe Haven and the sales staff were talking about some clients who claimed they knew everything about Butlins and Pontins, but they didn't know of this site.

Alex
Former Butlins Booking Centre - Crayford owner and seller of all uk holidays camps
butlinsbookingcentre
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby minehead forever » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 pm

welcome alex.
went past today and the security car was still in exactly the same place,does it ever move,noticed that the windows of the remaing chalets along the front are mainly smashed now and they've tried sticking old chalet doors in them to stop people getting in.
no sign of any building work yet,that security guard must be bored out of her skull.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Brenda1950 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:36 am

has all of the previous site now gone?
Last edited by Brenda1950 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brenda1950
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby minehead forever » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 pm

nothings changed since the bulldozers left the site last year,the north side of the camp is totally gone apart from a big pile of rubble,from approximately were the entrance was south of that is all still there as it was,although the vandals have smashed nearly every window in the chalets adjacent to the main road.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:16 am

It's been a while :lol:

It looks like the old camp is hanging on just a little while longer.

Local Rag...

PLANS to build hundreds of homes on a derelict holiday camp site have been hit by a setback after planning permission was overturned.

Fylde Council was forced to admit it had not properly followed planning procedure when it approved Northern Trust’s 273-home estate on the former Pontin’s site, in St Annes, after Blackpool Airport complained.

Read the full story LINK

Pity Minehead won't get the same opportunity.

Have Fun !!!

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

its all going a bit pear shaped for trevor hemmings at the moment,not only this but he lost the ingol golf club plans as well......shame! ha ha
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Dodgee » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful information with us.

caravan hire qld
Dodgee
Day Visitor
Day Visitor

Postby Joker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:13 am

Went past on Saturday evening and nothing has changed demolition wise. Two things I did notice is the security car wasn't visible, have they moved into one of the buildings ? Believe me doing static guarding from a car is no laughing matter. Has the budget run out ? Maybe nothing left worth protecting ? Second they have put advertising on the front of the building. Like what developers put on scaffolding during buildings works. I'll get some pics this week when I'm down that way.

Hay Dodgee, Just seen the link in your post, I normaly remove advertising from one time posters, Is that for real ? love it makes bournes Butlins acceptable :D
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 pm

theres been no security there for about 6 weeks joker,as you say whats the point in being there,the big adverts went up about 3 weeks ago,probably blackpool council trying to hide the mess behind them.
i'm a butlins traditionalist,and wishes bourne leisure had never of been thought of.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

drove past today and there seems to be the start of demolition of the south part of the camp,the shop pictured in the above post now has most of its walls missing and the row of chalets adjacent to the main road are having all the window frames ripped out,theres no machinery on site yet but lots of skip wagons going in and out.
i'm a butlins traditionalist,and wishes bourne leisure had never of been thought of.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Re: pontins blackpool

Postby Joker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:56 am

After Paul's tip off, being down that way I made a detour that way.
The shop is now a shell, looking inside the camp most pf the chalets now have no windows or doors, A caravan is parked at the site entrance, guessing a cheaper security company has moved on site (ahh the memories) also a 4x4 parked at the far south end of the site.

Find it hard to believe it's almost two years since I last went mountaineering up the sand dunes.

Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pontins