skegness 15th to 18th

Moderator: deelieta

skegness 15th to 18th

Postby minehead forever » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:26 am

first apologies to jerry for no warning of this break.due to work getting on top of me this was a last minute booking,the wife was off work and aaron was on half term so 6pm last thursday i decided a weekend away was in order to give me time to de- stress.
well we had a lovely break it was very cold but was sunny all weekend.a few changes to report since the end of last season.sun and moon has been totally gutted and rebuilt,facias as well as inside,it looks like the front room now.it wasn't open yet but looks like it'll be ready for the next weekend.the 2 chalet row ends opposite coral beach have gone and a small building is going up in there place,its being built to blend in with the new crazy golf.would guess that the new building will house the hire shop.for those of you that are obsessed with tarmac at skeggy there doesn't seem to be any new areas been laid.
entertainment was a bit of a let down.shows starting late and in general not upto the standard you expect,they didn't come close to the standard of minehead.redcoats were pathetic.you just didn't know they were there.no guest interaction,no nothing.and to cap it all in centre stage when they do party dances they show pre recorded video part dances on the screens.billy would be rolling in his grave.
reds looks good now its totally finished,in fact thats what the only thing skegness has the edge on over minehead,and thats the quality of the venues,now they've all been upgraded,although i think capacity has been cut in reds and centre staging as i think both has had seating taken away.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Re: skegness 15th to 18th

Postby wizebuys1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 pm

minehead forever wrote:first apologies to jerry for no warning of this break.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! so you couldn't text email or even phone me ????? (bet it was nic's idea?)dont you tell that jerry will you lol....nah only joking lol glad you had a good time mate ,but we gotta get togeather some time for another drink or 10. :lol:
wizebuys1
913 Club
913 Club

Postby minehead forever » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 am

unfortunately jerry you was the last thing in my head :oops: once i'd decided to book it all got a bit manic,having to pack and and take the dog to my parents,it was soon bed time.you did spring to mind on the sunday while i was having my cheap boddies in the beachcomber.
sorry!
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby wizebuys1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:27 am

minehead forever wrote:unfortunately jerry you was the last thing in my head :oops: once i'd decided to book it all got a bit manic,having to pack and and take the dog to my parents,it was soon bed time.you did spring to mind on the sunday while i was having my cheap boddies in the beachcomber.
sorry!
thats ok mate ..i know when im not loved.!!!! lol
wizebuys1
913 Club
913 Club

Return to Butlins Chat