Get together in Blackpool on the big day - April 11th 2011

Moderator: deelieta

Get together in Blackpool on the big day - April 11th 2011

Postby pushbutton » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:33 pm

The 75th anniversary celebration breaks have now been announced as we all know, and I'm sure they are going to be AMAZING!

However, sadly due to Spring Harvest, we will not be able to be at Butlins to celebrate on the actual day Skegness opened its doors (April 11th). So I'm thinking perhaps those of us who are able to could meet up at the Blackpool hotel (Metropole) that day and have our own extra celebration.

Depending on how many of us there are, this could be anything from a simple coffee / lunch and chat, to hiring out one of the ballrooms or caberet bars to put on our own Butlins show! Alternatively perhaps we visit blackpool pleasure beach then return to the hotel for their evening show / bingo or whatever they have on.

Please post here if you'd be interested in coming along, and any thoughts or ideas as to what we should do.
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Come on !!!

Lets start a list.

I know Blackpool and Fylde is the home of quite a few Butlins fans and the place of choice to hang up the Redcoat (if Red ever stop being a Redcoat).

I for one will be involved living only 2 miles from the Metropole and love nothing better than a good chat about the good old days and even Butlins today.

I'll be putting up a quiz with one of the rare Butlins memorabilia items as a prize. That alone will be worth attending even if you won one of the other two you could go for a matching pair.

Anyway enough of that (getting a little carried away)

Have Fun !!!

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pushbutton » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:23 am

Quiz sounds like a great way to help us celebrate the day, especially with a prize like that!
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Butlins Chat