skegness day visit

Moderator: deelieta

skegness day visit

Postby minehead forever » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 pm

we went on sunday for the day and was firstly surprised at the shocking day visitor prices £14 per adult and £10 per child,luckily we made a booking so got it back.
as with minehead the lanscaping looks great,the outdoor walkways have come along way since last season,
all rides on the fair were open and the new kids ride is near to completion,then it goes down hill,
bournes rule of charging for every thing apart from the fair is starting to really grate on me.the new sky bar in centre stage had 3 people up there while downstairs the floor was full,how long before they charge in every venue to enter this is not the butlins ethos.
is there idea to take butlins upmarket then charge for evrything,if so they can count me out after 40 yrs.
judt one more thing the pantomine was very poor compared to the quality of mineheads.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm

going again on sunday,just see the weather forecast and it looks like a day for a butlins visit.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby minehead forever » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:47 pm

had a good day out at butlins on sunday apart from the awful weather,unfortunately because of that there was no chance to have a look around outdoors,the skyline was rammed because there was no were else for people to go,one main gripe is with the up surge in people using disability scooters,i know the disabled find these a wonderful invention to give them some independance,but the fact more abled bodied are using them now because they can't be bothered to walk makes enclosed places like the skyline quite dangerous.
we watched the magic show up in reds then watched jack and the beanstalk,which for a skegness show was very good.after wrapping up with 3 frames of snooker,something you can't do at minehead,we left just after 7pm.skegs come along way but i still can't get any emotional attachment to the place.
i'm a butlins traditionalist,and wishes bourne leisure had never of been thought of.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Butlins Chat