Pwllheli

Moderator: deelieta

Pwllheli

Postby Howie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:57 pm

You know, I've come to realise that the problem with being at Butlins in the late seventies and early eighties is that when I come and have a look around the forum, It depresses me.
Only because it was so good!
I'm not looking back with rose tinted glasses, but it was brilliant and our parents didn't have to worry one bit about us.
I also realise how far away those times are now and how old the people must be who worked there.
For the life of me I can't think of one bad moment apart from the leaving to go home!
I'll still come on and have a look but as soon as I see that banner above with toot and pllot etc, I get a heavy heart.
Hello and big thanks to everyone who worked there
Howie
Beaver Club
Beaver Club

Re: Pwllheli

Postby pushbutton » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Howie wrote:You know, I've come to realise that the problem with being at Butlins in the late seventies and early eighties is that when I come and have a look around the forum, It depresses me.
Only because it was so good!
I'm not looking back with rose tinted glasses, but it was brilliant and our parents didn't have to worry one bit about us.
I also realise how far away those times are now and how old the people must be who worked there.
For the life of me I can't think of one bad moment apart from the leaving to go home!
I'll still come on and have a look but as soon as I see that banner above with toot and pllot etc, I get a heavy heart.
Hello and big thanks to everyone who worked there

I agree with most of what you said, except that for me Butlins still is that wonderful place. Sure it's not the same when you're an adult, and sure Butlins isn't AS good as it used to be, but it's still paradise to me and still fills me with that wonderful feeling of joy from the moment I arrive to the sad moment of leaving. It still makes me completely forget about anything that was worrying me or making me stressed!

As for the people who worked there back in the 70s or 80s, you might be surprised. Quite a few of them are still working there now! There's about 30 staff at Minehead alone who have been there since the 60s or 70s.

I know for a fact there's at least 2 of them at Pwllheli that have been there at least since the 80s.

All is not lost just yet!
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Return to Butlins Chat