Spring Harvest (?)

Moderator: deelieta

Spring Harvest (?)

Postby Joker » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:30 pm

It's been asked many times over the years, What goes on at Spring Harvest ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zueApcCKOK8

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re Spring Harvest

Postby Valerie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:28 pm

For anybody that does'nt know, Spring Harvest is when thousands upon thousands of people of all denominations congregate at Butlins Skegness in my case, not only do they take over the main camp, they also hire most of the caravans (Butlins) and the surrounding areas (Ingoldmells). If I remember correctly, the only place you could buy alcohol was Bar Rosso and Hot Shots, mind you you had to be pretty brave to do that, because they looked like they were going to stone you!! The caravan owners were allowed to go over to the main camp, however unless they were highly religious there was really no point. They also had to erect a big top circus tent to accomodate people as well for services.

All I will say about Spring Harvest is this - some of the people were very challenging, drunk people - easy, some of these people - not!!
Valerie
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

Postby pushbutton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Tell us more please Valerie. What is so challening about them?
You get into the groove and do the Push Button Click. YEAH!
pushbutton
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby kimptdarr22 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 pm

when i worked there we had to take the sport and sunday sport off sale! :o
kimptdarr22
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

Re Spring Harvest

Postby Valerie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:27 am

What was so challenging about them, well, and and I have to be careful what I say here, because it's not my intention to insult anybody!! I'm not religious, and not against religion, being on Security, we were the first point of contact for everybody coming on site, I gained about 10 bibles!! bless them.
The one thing that sticks in my mind (feel free to remove this if it is unsuitable) is we had a mother there with her two children and her parents. The estranged husband had bought a day ticket and then proceeded to the dining room where he beat her, in front of the kids, very badly. We got him away and he was arrested. That was bad enough, but then the wife would not bring charges against him, the rest of the 10,000 "forgave him" and so on. That was it for me, I took a holiday until they had left. You had to have seen her, the state she was in, and the kids, well, I just could not get my head round their attitude!!

And that was tame, compared to the Max Power weekend we had there!!
Valerie
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

Postby jcmelbau » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Only 10 bibles??? I have vivid memories of Spring Harvest from my time in Minehead, I worked in Customer Services so I received many bibles, blessings, bookmarks etc.

I did feel sorry for some of the younger adults there though as from my memory, whilst the parents were trying to 'save' the staff, the female barstaff were trying just as hard to 'save' these poor young lads! The look of sheer horror on their faces, I can still see it to this day!
jcmelbau
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

Return to Butlins Chat