minehead 11th to 18th july

Moderator: deelieta

minehead 11th to 18th july

Postby minehead forever » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 am

well just back from another great week in minehead.the weather was really nice to say there's been alot of rain around,never saw a drop of rain all week.nothings really changed since our visit at easter apart from the irish bar just about to re open after a new lick of paint,thats bugging me at the moment,any venue at skeggy gets a total revamp,and minehead ones just get a re paint.there's a couple of new kiddie attractions including a jumping pillow and a zip wire across the gaiety green.
as last year we upgraded to eat in the yaght club which this year was excellent.plenty of choice and the food was always hot.
plenty of new shubbery everywhere,which is expected as bourne continue in there bid to make a mends to ranks policy of ripping them all out.
2 new shows this year are v for variety and the new all red show.v for variety was really good and the redcoat show went down a storm,not just singing but had some good sketches in as well.
again top marks to minehead redcoats 2008.been to skeggy twice this year and i pity any one who has to put up with the miserable bunch for a week.
special praise goes to chris g. he's been there 4 years now and has centre stage absolutely buzzing every night.his battle of the sides gets every one involved,rare you get every one standing on there chairs clapping and screaming in family breaks.he and all the other reds made the last night very sad,a position i've never been in since last night of holidays as a kid.all the reds did the redcoat parade around the venue,they were all on stage being interviewed one by one and the best bit was at the end of the night the redcoats made a guard of honour for the guests at the main exit doors.a great thing to do but sad as you knew a great week was over.lots of guests were in tears hugging them as they left.i even went to shake chris's hand and thanked him.something i would never dream of doing.other reds that stood out were daniel and his monkey,pete,and charlotte (sang sunshine and lollipops song brilliantly ).

thanks to every one at minehead for a holiday i will remember for a long time,just like i did as a kid and a feeling like i've never experienced when leaving skeggy.
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 pm

We have just got back from Bognor and it's nice to know Bourne are putting some thought in to how the camps look.

You should of said you were in Minehead as we were at Barry Island on Monday morning we could have waved :)

Joker
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:40 am

i probably did look across the channel.funny even now after so long since the camp went at barry,i still look across at barry because on a clear day the princess building was always visible,and after that was demolished and when the remaining gaiety building was reclad in white that could also be spotted. :cry:
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby Joker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 am

I thought it was you stood by whats left of the boating lake :lol:

Joker
Attachments
Minehead_from_Barry_Island.jpg
Minehead_from_Barry_Island.jpg (78.96 KiB) Viewed 8667 times
Joker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby minehead forever » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:17 am

thats why they built the skyline you know.butlins minehead could never been seen from barry as the beachcomber,princess and regency were built very low against the horizon so could never be seen.comes in handy that big white land marker. :lol:
minehead forever
Silver Premier Club
Silver Premier Club

Postby catmad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 pm

hope you all had a good time, and the bears behaved, don't forget their benidorm trip in sept.
oh happy days
catmad
Ex-Redcoat
Ex-Redcoat

Return to Butlins Chat